Following the rezoning of land at 244 Edwards Road, Maiden Gully for residential use in September 2014 we have been working with council and referral authorities to finalise development plans and servicing arrangements for the proposal based on the master plan design for the site which was included in the rezoning. The features of this include:
- A range of residential lot sizes.
- A central activity hub to create a heart and meeting place for the community.
- A central riparian corridor with 2-3ha of wetlands and a 1ha permanent body of water.
- A comprehensive pedestrian and cyclist network within the neighbourhood and connecting to Maiden Gully town centre and beyond to Greater Bendigo’s comprehensive trail network.
- Convenient access to a bus route.
- A variety of open spaces, including a district level play space, to support active and passive recreation.
The agreement for the provision of community infrastructure included funding of the Calder Highway / Edwards Road intersection signalisation in the early stages of the development of the site.
Congratulations to the Maiden Gully Progress Association on leading the community voice to generate support for funding to achieve this prior to the commencement of our works.
Birchgrove Property has worked in cooperatively with the State Government through Maree Edwards, VicRoads and the City of Greater Bendigo to revise the arrangements to ensure the intersection could be built early with state funds and guarantee that the existing financial commitment we have made for funding will be delivered back to government within construction of the first 100 lots.
All Development Plans have now been approved for the development and more detailed design work has commenced.
If you have any queries regarding the proposal please contact Birchgrove Property on 5442 6464.
Click here to download the pdf information brochure.